Code of Conduct
SICW is dedicated to provide a conference experience that is safe and free from harassment for all participants, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity or religion. All participants of the conference, including attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, media and staff, are expected to conform to the Code of Conduct for the duration of the conference and at all conference venues. The conference organiser will enforce this code throughout the event and at all conference venues, including presentations, workshops, social events and other related online media.
Acceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Be respectful and considerate to all participants, including members of the public who share the same conference venue.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and fellow participants, do alert the conference organiser if you notice any dangerous situations or fellow participants in distress.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour, speech and materials.
Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive written or verbal comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity or religion.
- Inappropriate use of suggestive language or imagery (e.g. Sexual or violent materials).
- Inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Deliberate stalking or following of other participants.
- Harassment via unauthorised photography or recording (sound or video) of other participants.
- Disruption of presentations and other events at the conference.
- Possession of items that may cause harm or danger to other participants.
- Failure to adhere to rules and regulations of the conference venues (e.g. Smoking within conference venue).
- Failure to obey to the rules and regulations set by the conference organiser (e.g. Not abiding to the dress code or any other stated admission terms and conditions).
- Advocating or encouraging any of the above behaviour.
SICW will not tolerate any form of unacceptable behaviour made towards the conference organiser or participants. Offenders are expected to comply immediately when asked to stop any unacceptable behaviour. The conference organiser may take action they deem appropriate against any participant who engages in unacceptable behaviour or violates the Code of Conduct, and this could include a verbal warning or expulsion from the conference without refund.
Reporting of Unacceptable Behaviour
If you are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, have witnessed fellow participants being treated poorly, or have additional concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at +65 9060 0562
, e-mail to us at [email protected]
or approach any of the conference organiser who can be identified by distinct organiser badges at the venue. All reports made will be kept confidential. In the event of an emergency situation, please contact local authorities immediately.
We value all participants’ attendance and strive to keep the conference welcoming for all.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from policy by the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers.