1.1 Media Accreditation Guidelines
The media accreditation principles below are intended to give the media as much access as possible while ensuring the safety, security and comfort of all participants of the Singapore International Cyber Week (SICW) 2018.
Media accreditation will commence on 6 August 2018 and close on noon of 7 September 2018. All media accreditation applications will be subject to the approval of Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA) and Image Engine (IE).
1.2 Accreditation Principles
Editors of publications and media agencies are requested to take note of the following principles to ensure that media accreditation is restricted to professional journalists, photographers and bloggers:
- The organiser considers the Media Pass to be a working tool to be used only by bona fide members of the press. Marketing personnel, sub-editors, staff of the publication’s secretariat, etc. cannot be accredited as media.
- The organiser will only accredit publications, agencies, and professional bloggers:
- With a circulation size and quality that fulfil the criteria of the organiser
- With a format and quality that fulfil the criteria of the organiser
- With a sizeable following and sphere of influence, areas of interest and quality that fulfil the criteria of the organiser
- Internal company publications cannot be accredited as media. However, at the sole discretion of the organiser, and where the quality and circulation criteria justify the organiser’s consideration, such publications may be eligible for accreditation on a case by case basis.
- Under no circumstance will advertising and public relations agencies (or similar companies and organisations) be accredited as media, nor will the organiser issue any media accreditation to representatives (press officers or otherwise) of sponsors, suppliers and exhibitors.
- It should be noted that no double accreditation is allowed (e.g. as media and as delegate).
2. Criteria for Accreditation
Applications MUST be made online. Accreditation will only be granted upon presentation of valid press credentials including:
- Completed online accreditation application form.
- Photocopy or a scanned copy of the MCI Press Accreditation Card (for Singapore-based media) OR official national press card(s) of the representative who will be covering SICW 2018 OR letter of assignment on the official letterhead of a media organisation signed by the Publisher, Assignment Editor, Editor-in-chief or Bureau Chief, specifying the name and functional title of the journalist, and stating their role at SICW 2018, OR links to three (3) most recently published posts (500 words or more) relating to the relevant areas of interest of the events
- Professional blogs must be active in the most recent six (6) months, with a minimum of one (1) published post per month relating to the relevant areas of interest of the events
- Information on the media outlet (such as website, circulation, readership/viewership, frequency, etc.) (only to be supplied on request)
- An original copy of the publication (only to be supplied on request)
In addition, non-English publications must supply a certified English translation of the publications’ credits page.
- Freelance journalists/photographers MUST provide clear credentials that they are on assignment from a specific news organisation/publication. A valid assignment letter from that news organisation/publication is required. Submissions by freelance online journalists will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Online media (including websites, photography sites and online forum pages) must meet the following requirements, in addition to those above:
- The web publication must belong to a registered company, such as a media organisation, and have a specific, verifiable non-web address and telephone number.
- The online journal requesting accreditation for its correspondent(s) must have a substantial amount of original and topical news content or commentary or analysis on international issues.
- If the website is new, the applicant seeking accreditation must provide the latest data on the site's visitorship or other relevant material (press citations, etc.) about the outlet's audience. The applicant must have an established record of having written extensively on international issues and must present copies of three recently published articles, not more than six months old, with his/her byline.
- Please note that online publications that are intended for the communications outreach or advocacy of non-governmental or non-profit organisations do not qualify for media accreditation.
- All applications must be received via the SICW 2018 online accreditation portal before the closing date, noon of 7 September 2018. Late applications will not be entertained. The organiser reserves the right to reject any incomplete application.
3. Accreditation Procedures
- An auto-generated email acknowledgement will be sent to applicants upon submission of the online accreditation form.
- Each application will take up to ten (10) working days to process.
- All successful applicants will be issued an email confirmation with accompanying terms and conditions. If an applicant does not receive an email fifteen (15) working days after registration, he/she is requested to contact the representatives stated below.
- If the representative(s) is(are) not able to attend the event, the organiser must be notified as early as possible. Failure to inform the organisers of non-attendance may result in future accreditation requests being refused.
- If any change of representative(s) is(are) to be made, please notify the organiser as soon as possible. Any name changes after the stipulated deadline of noon of 7 September 2018 may be rejected.
Details for the collection of media passes are as follows:
14 & 17 SEPTEMBER 2018
Monday to Friday
0930hrs – 1730hrs
50 Scotts Road #04-01 Singapore 228242
18 - 20 SEPTEMBER 2018
0830hrs – 1630hrs
Media Registration Booth at Level 3
Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre
The representative(s) must produce the email confirmation as well as two copies of his/her name cards when collecting the media pass at the event. NO MEDIA PASS WILL BE ISSUED WITHOUT PROPER DOCUMENTATION.
- Accreditation does not guarantee journalists and photographers access to all media events / press conferences. Journalists and photographers should refer to the press kit for more details.
- The media pass is NON-TRANSFERABLE. It may only be used by the person whose name and publication name appear on the pass.
5. Media Centre
- There will be a Media Centre, with free Internet access.
- Limited workstations will be available on a first-come-first-served basis to the media in the Media Centre.
- A confirmed schedule of events will be available in the press kit, which will be provided to all accredited journalists.
- Please note that the media centre will be open from 18 to 20 September 2018, 0830hrs – 1830hrs daily.
6. Note to Photographers
There will be no photo studio or technical assistance lab in the Media Centre.
7. Note to Broadcasters
There will not be an International Broadcast Centre at SICW 2018.
8. For further queries, please contact:
Contact: +65 6390 3357
Email: [email protected]